Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

R.A. 7877, otherwise known as Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995 in the Philippines

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello Atty.,

Pls. give me your opinion and legal advice regarding the SEXUAL HARASSMENT filed against my male friend by his female co- workers/ employees.

My friend holds a position as Store Supervisor in a supermarket while the complainant is his subordinates. She filed a written complaint at the HR dept. and this case is subject for DISMISSAL from work if found guilty.

Atty. can any person file a complaint/ case even without a proof to support her allegations? Does grudge from their previous encounter prior to filling of this complaint can be use to counter the complaint? What if the "victim" has a questionable personality or image like"malandi"? Will it gives demerit to the complainant's case?

LASTLY, IF found guilty, is their any legal remedies asides from dismissal from work? How about monetary  consideration or settlement?

Atty., I hope you can enlighten me on this case as soonest possible.

Thank you & more power!

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Talk to the girl and try to settle the problem amicable way.

View user profile


Reclusion Temporal
First - of course there is no proof in sexual harassment cases because either physically or verablly harassed ang victim you cannot expect touching or talking in a manner which might be "off" to the other gender leave evidence behind. So while you can argue that there is no proof, a mere denial on the offender 's side is usually useless lalo na our laws tend to favor women imho.

Second - a previous grudge would be good as motive to concoct a story but the next question is do you also have proof of this grudge? Kung wala e hindi ka rin paniniwalaab.

Third - Are we saying that persons of questionable character canot be victims of harassment? So not use that argument. Medyo sasabihin e at dahil malandi e nagka idea si offender na baka pwede siya kay victim. Try something else.

If you get dismissed and you believe that due process was not complied with you can always go to nlrc and file a case of illegal dismissal.

View user profile


most sexual harassment cases are based entirely on the word of the victim.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum