Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SOLO PARENT ACT on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 am


Arresto Menor
Dear Atty,

Good day!..

I am now currently employed in one of the biggest BPO center here in Cebu for almost 5 years. My problem is that, I'm a single parent and is taking care of my only daughter who would turn 4 years old this July 24. Last May, I had 2 days absence due to sickness and we have this agreement that if an employee incurs 2 days absence without being sent to the hospital (even if there is a medical certificate stating that an employee should have 2 days rest as per doctor's advice), we will be enrolled in our company's Attendance Monitoring Program. That is a program for those employees who have been absent for 2 days or more but was never sent to a hospital for health monitoring. Before this happened, I already filed for 2 days leave dated July 24 and 25 so I can spend my daughter's birthday on the actual date, July 24 and take a rest on July 25.

Now, for AMP or the company's Attendance Monitoring Program, it states that if you are enrolled in that program, all filed leaves that fall within the next 3 months from the date you were enrolled for AMP, will be cancelled. I started the program on June 26 so July 24 and 25 falls within the next 3 months wherein filed leaves are automatically cancelled.

My question is, being a solo parent with a Solo Parent Card provided to me by DSWD, can I not fight my right to avail of the additional 7 days leave per year for this said case to think that it is my daughter's birthday even if I am enrolled to that program in my company? I badly need to be with my daughter on the said date because of plans we have made for her.

Any insights on this would surely be appreciated. Other members' ideas are welcome as well. Thanks! Very Happy

View user profile

2 Re: SOLO PARENT ACT on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 pm


the legal remedy would be to file a complaint at the nearest dole field office. but first, i recommend you first file a courteous email stating your position with HR

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum