Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

His or my last name?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 His or my last name? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 pm

BCL13

Arresto Mayor
Story:

I'm currently 6 months pregnant with the baby of my bf who is 2 yrs married. He still lives with his wife, he married her because they had a child that's all the reason. They don't have sexual relationship anymore and that they just live together since the wife is helpless without his support. The wife knows that we have a relationship for more than a year now.

My Questions:
1.When the baby is born, will the last name of my bf be used or can i use mine?

2.If we used his last name, what legal actions can the wife take against me and my child?

3. What are the pros and cons of using his name? my name?

4. I also want to know what other legal cases, the wife could file against me and my bf? ( We don't live together but he sometimes stay overnight with me. Also everyone who knows me knew he was my bf)

View user profile

2 Re: His or my last name? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
My Questions:
1.When the baby is born, will the last name of my bf be used or can i use mine?

Play safe, you are better of to use your own surname.

2.If we used his last name, what legal actions can the wife take against me and my child?

She can charge you and her husband for concubinage and the child is a strong evidence.

3. What are the pros and cons of using his name? my name?

No pros just cons because using his surname will give you deeper trouble.

4. I also want to know what other legal cases, the wife could file against me and my bf? ( We don't live together but he sometimes stay overnight with me. Also everyone who knows me knew he was my bf)[/quote]

If you don't live together, its not easy to prove unless she get hold on your child's birth certificate if you insist to use your lover's surname and when the child is required for DNA test if it reaches the court.

There are many case here that they regret using the child's father's surname because they changed their mind later on. Using the father's surname when they are married to other woman will only cause you trouble. You are better of to use your own surname so when you decided to travel abroad, you don't need the father's permission to do so.
We can never predict the future, you may be in-love now, but he is married so no choice until his marriage is annuled with his wife. What if later on you found out you fell in-love again with another guy?  Using the child father's surname is not necessary try to avoid it if you can.
Read more on this site.

View user profile

3 Re: His or my last name? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:26 pm

BCL13

Arresto Mayor
i have been reading a lot of cases here but haven't found any to help me...

thanks for your advice

View user profile

4 Re: His or my last name? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:31 pm

BCL13

Arresto Mayor
ask ko lng po kung concubinage pa rin po pwede ikaso sakin kaht di kami nglive-in?akala ko kpg binabahay lng po nung lalaki ung girl..kasi ako po anggumagastos sa tinitirahan ko..wla po share bf ko

View user profile

5 Re: His or my last name? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 pm

BCL13

Arresto Mayor
Follow-up po...paano kpg ngappear sa birth certificate ng baby ko name nung father? ganun pa din po ba ung cons?

View user profile

6 Re: His or my last name? on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:49 am

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Using the father's surname is a huge evidence if the wife found out about this and can be use against you for concubinage. Although he is not paying for your maintenance if you use his surname that will just cause you problem. Pakiki apid does not need to prove that the man is paying for your expenses, you bore his child therefore you already committed concubinage. Don't add anymore problems you already have.

View user profile

7 Re: His or my last name? Today at 6:26 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum