Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I WANT MY SURNAME OUT

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 pm

graphic artist

Arresto Menor
Can i require my wife, who is bearing a child out of an adulterous affair to use her maiden surname instead of her married surname once she bears the child or better yet, use the surname of the biological father, if that dumb guy is up to it Laughing  ? She has openly admitted that the child is not mine and i will not take responsibility for the child, it would so unfair for my two legitimates. We are currently on the process of reaching an agreement for an informal separation, up until the time i am able to file a petition for legal separation, although i was initially keen on filing adultery charges but that would deprive her of the opportunity to care for her child once sentenced. Please enlighten me, these are one of the things that are very difficult to explain to my kids who are just 11 and 8 at this time. Thank you so much. Smile

View user profile

2 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Tell your wife that she should use her own surname so you don't need to sue her for adultery. I am sure she will agree in that. It's a good idea not to sue her as if she is sent to jail you will have to take care of her child.†Suspect

View user profile

3 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
If she wants to use your name she has the right, you are married. And by law, once she gave birth the child will automatically carry your name. You have to file a petition questioning the legitimacy of the child and deny your fatherhood and ask them not to use your name.

View user profile

4 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:05 am

abigail03

Arresto Menor
concepab wrote:If she wants to use your name she has the right, you are married. And by law, once she gave birth the child will automatically carry your name. You have to file a petition questioning the legitimacy of the child and deny your fatherhood and ask them not to use your name.

question po, if magfile ng petition questioning the legitimacy of the child at consequently deny the fatherhood, what will be the next procedure? requirements? proof? please enlighten me sir.

View user profile

5 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:11 pm

abigail03

Arresto Menor
bump

View user profile

6 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:12 pm

abigail03

Arresto Menor
bump

View user profile

7 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:33 pm

attyLLL

first, there is a time limit to question legitimacy of child. assuming the father is here in the ph, he had a max of 1-2 years to file a case, else barred forever.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

8 Re: I WANT MY SURNAME OUT Today at 5:43 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum