Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Legal Advice | Child Support for Illegitimate Children

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi! Good morning Atty and all!

I'm new to this forum and I am so grateful that this has been created since it has enlightened me more about my children's rights.

This topic is what concerns me the most. I have been struggling financially after I moved out of my ex's place together with my children. I left due to physical violence and trauma of my kids. I did get a medical certificate in Cebu City Hospital but I was not helped much by the Police station I went to because it was beyond 24hours; I went there the next day. I was referred to the barangay and to a social worker. On the 3rd summon letter coming from the barangay, my ex finally showed up and we came to an arrangement. I did not deprive him of any visitation rights, as long as the kids are willing to see him and stay with him, they get to do so. He agreed not to be anywhere near me and I did the same. It took us a while to come to an agreement with financial support. His excuse is because he doesn't have a job. My point is, he isn't planning to get one. Worst his family (grandma and mother) who supports him are angry at me because I brought shame to their family by complaining in the barangay. It has been about 6 months now and I have not received any financial help at all. The only thing he, rather his family shouldered where the school requirements of my eldest son. I shouldered everything else. He said if the kids are with him, then they get to be part of the budget in their home. Otherwise, he is not able to give any financial assistance because he's umemployed. I am really having a tough time paying all our bills.

Please advise... How many demand letters should I send? How long shall I wait before it's time to pursue a case? I am not too sure I qualify in seeking the assistance of PAO. Please let me know the best thing/s to do. I find it unfair that my children are having a tough time when his other child, who lives with him is living comfortably. I am definitely struggling with house rent, bills, tuition, daily needs. I would appreciate your best advise on where I can start. Thank you!

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum