Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Father

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legal Father on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,
I am a foreigner married to a filipina here in the Philippines. Four years ago my wife became pregnant with another mans child (pinoy). Under
Philippine law I believe that as the child was conceived during our marriage that makes me the "legal" father, (she has no contact or receives no financial support from the biological father). When I take a short vacation outside the Philippines I would like to take "my son" with me. As his surname is my wife's maiden name and not mine will that cause any problems at the airport. Also will I need any documents (proof I am his father) that will enable me to take him on vacation with me. Your help regarding this will be much appreciated

View user profile

2 Re: Legal Father on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:08 pm


i recommend that someone inquire at the civil registrar and show that you were married, and they might correct the record themselves.

otherwise, your plan is risky because his name is not the same as yours.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum