Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Art 9255 family code

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Art 9255 family code on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 pm


Arresto Menor
Article 9255 states that an illegitimate child has the right to use the "surname" of his father. However as the father (pinoy) of said illegitimate child does not acknowledge or give any financial support for the child. Is it acceptable for the said child to use the SURNAME of the mothers husband (british citizen) who takes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the welfare of said child and has done from the moment of the child's birth?

View user profile

2 Re: Art 9255 family code on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:25 pm


yes, if the child was born while they were already married. no, if not.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum