Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liability-BP 22 and estafa

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Liability-BP 22 and estafa on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:54 pm

letta

Arresto Menor
My friend convinced me to open accounts in 3 banks. She gave the money so I can open checking accounts and later on convinced me to sign the checks and give these to her. Earlier, she assured me that she can help me acquire a US tourist visa and bank records are required. Sya na daw bahala sa pagbayad or pagpopondo sa mga checks ko na hawak nya. She opened an account also for easy transfer of funds. my checks were all good for the first 2 months until recently nagstart ng magtalbugan lahat and only now that I learned the extent of what she did. She used my checks also as collateral for loans from loan sharks. These loan sharks are now after me even if I do not know them and I did not commit the value placed in the check. Will i be liable for BP 22 and estafa?

View user profile

2 Re: Liability-BP 22 and estafa on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:18 pm

zulfikarl

lawyer
You can use that as a defense should a criminal case be filed against you later on. Estafa would be far-fetched since you did not have any dealing in all the transactions. The most probable charge would be violation of BP 22.

View user profile

3 Re: Liability-BP 22 and estafa on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:49 pm

letta

Arresto Menor
thank you very much po

View user profile

4 Re: Liability-BP 22 and estafa on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 am

adchem

Arresto Menor
hi

please advise me on this.

my parent's has a case of bp22/estafa on an accounts payable amounting to 17000 with a check, 5000 pesos...this is from goods/products gotten for sale in our business which got bankrupt and closed.

the check is marked account closed. the check is dated june 29 2005. the notice of dishonor is dated july 11 2005.

on march 1, 2010 another notice of dishonor and final demand letter was received. (which is 5 years after bouncing of cceck)

the case was filed and so i attended for my parents for the first hearing... the settlement should be done last week...I was suppose to pay about 7000 but the day of next settlement was declared holiday... I was not informed on the next date of second hearing so I wasnt abe to come.

The prosecutor messaged me informing me of not being able come to a date I wasnt informed. She wants me to submit counter affidavit asap or else she will decide already. What is written in a counter affidavit? Can I write it for my parents since we cant afford a lawyer?

Can i question the length of time they filed a case? 2005 to 2010 is a long time... I thought 4 years is the prescription period for bp 22?

If not and I need to submit counter affidavit asap. What do I write on it on behelf of respondents? What happens if I cant submit one? Please give me an advice... Thank you very much.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum