Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Traveling abroad for permanent residence with minor as legal guardian

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Is it allowed under PH law to travel abroad for permanent stay in Europe to bring a child over whom you have legal guardianship, not being the parents or adoptive parents?

For dutch law it is allowed to bring a relative to the Netherlands to live with you if you have legal authory over the child, meaning custody, legal guardianship. Searching on internet, to bring a child abroad you quickly get to a inter-country adoption procedure, which is a long procedure.

I was thinking maybe it is alowed to only get legal guardianship, which is hopefully a shorter procedure, with a more secure outcome. (birth parents of the child are deceased, and grandmother is financialy not able to care for the child)

can anybody advise me?

View user profile


imo, no, you will not be allowed to bring the child.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum