Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

i want to resign but they are claiming for damages.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
good day!

i am a project based employee and recently i told my team leader that i wanted to resign.

last june 2013, we were brought to manila for training for 4 days. on our 3rd day, their company lawyer was present during the contract signing telling us that if we fail to comply on the 1 year period stated in the contract (which is july 1,2013-june 30,2014), we should pay for damages. i cannot remember if the ‘damages‘ was stated in the contract because i dont have a copy of it , they said that it was a confidential property of the company so we were asked to sign it and was passed to them right after.

we didn‘t start the job on july 1, for reasons i dont know. we started july 12.

last aug 15,2013 i told my team leaderthat i want to resign. she told me that i have the responsibility to look for a replacement. so i did ask 2 friends of mine if they are interested.

my TL relayed the matter to the assistant project manager and she said that i could be charged for damages and that she will consult the HR about this. but i havent got any news on it until now (3days after)..

what damages could possibly be imposed to me? what might the HR respond to this?

thank you.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Ma'm my 2 cents.

Yung pinapirma po kayo ng hindi malinaw o sapilitan (intimidation is part of it) coercion po yun.
Yung contrata na pinirmahan ninyo ay null and void na. Yung mga tanong po ninyo ay dapat sa HR ninyo address para galing po sa kanila. Kung magkamali sila ng sinabi at least hindi ka nag assume.

Kung ako ang nasa lugar mo ganito ang gagawin ko.

Kukuha ako ng copy ng contrata. Papa proof read ko sa PAO sa NLRC bldg Banawe QC. Or sa kaninong abugado sa labas ng bahay ninyo na nag ooffer ng kung ano anong service.

Free consultation naman kung legal advise. Part po yan ng social responsibility ng mga abugado (bago ata).

Yun nga papa proof read ko sa isang abugado para malaman kung may "Bond" or "Damages" kuno kapag nag resign.

Kung wala mag resign kana. Yaan mo sila magahanap ng kapalit mo. Ano ka HR?

Sana maka tulong.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum