Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

surname

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 surname on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:35 am

anthony_sy

Arresto Menor
my name is anthony sy,and i have a problem with my surname.my parents are not married,and im using my father's surname since elementary to college,but i found out that my surname in my birth certificate is my mother's,and now i am married using my father's surname,is our marriage valid?..thank you

View user profile

2 Re: surname on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:22 pm

attyLLL

is your father still alive? all he has to do is issue an authority to use surname of father at the civil registrar where your birth certificate was registered and this should sufficiently cure the defect.

and regardless, your marriage is still valid because the name refers to you.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 surname on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:31 pm

anthony_sy

Arresto Menor
i forgot to say,my father past away.what are the other options should i do?i am really confused about my marriage.thank you for your advice

View user profile

4 Re: surname on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:43 pm

attyLLL

did your father sign your birth certificate? here's the thing, the law says that if you were acknowledged by him, you can use the surname of your father. however, the implementing rules require the issuance of the authority to use surname of father so that the birth certificate will be stamped of such fact. of course this is impossible because your father has passed away.

nevertheless, this matter does not affect the validity of your marriage, but there will be complications later on with the names of your children and other situations where this issue will crop up.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: surname Today at 1:17 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum