Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Procedure to Change Surname of an Illegitimate Child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi! So I read from previous posts that I have the sole custody of my illegitimate 6 year old son and I do not need to do anything to legalise that. But,how come every time we travel I still have to show my son's Birth Certificate? And knowing that I have the custody and authority,
(1) do I still need to apply, put into writing, formalised, legalised and put into public my right? How?

My son's turning 7 in less than a year, I also want to
him to carry my last name.
(2) do i still ask for consent from the biological father? his signature is on the Birth Certificate
no support for years

(3) Do we have a law on child abandonment that will refuse or deny the biological dad his right to my son?

Thank you very much. I find your page very entertaining , informative and helpful.

Keep it up!

Mom Shocked

View user profile
No need. an illegitimate child follows the surname of the mother.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum