Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Criminal case dismissed BUT still terminated from employment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I'm helping a friend who's dad is a PNP cop, with 25 years of service. Due to an unfortunate incident, her father was charged with grave misconduct BUT the case was ultimately dismissed; however, the Ombudsman still terminated him from service because the lawyer handling the case failed to submit the necessary documents on time.

My friend, who is originally from Mindanao, had to come here to Manila to find a way to have her father re-instated to police service and/or to allow him to receive compensation in some form (like for retirement, but not really because he was terminated).

The lawyer who failed them (after having enriched himself with hundreds of thousands of pesos) found out about the family's effort and has suddenly re-appeared to offer his so-called legal expertise. To date, he has been asking for P 5,000(!) for "filing fees". He isn't even based in Metro Manila, he's also from Mindanao.

Can anyone suggest where they can go for help?
What is the proper way of doing this and who can they reach out to?

Thanks in advance!

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum