I'm bothered when I discovered that there was a case against me as a "qualified theft" in Pasig RTC. I discovered this when I applied for NBI clearance couple of weeks ago. NBI gave me this letter for "certification of case disposition" and I was instructed to get it in Pasig branch. Case was dated Aug. 8, 2010. I'm suspecting that this was my previous company where I did AWOL on mid 2009. To be honest, I concealed some electronic parts before I left, due to the fact that some promises were not given to me amounting approximately P30k max(just my estimate). I realized now that it's the worst move I did and worried on what could I do to fix what I've done which is now affecting me at work and might do more to my family when not settled the soonest :'(
My questions are:
1. Why didn't I receive any letter from the court?
2. It's been 3 years. If I can still remember, the last time I renewed my NBI was year 2010 when I processed my passport. Will the case don't have any duration that they may arrest me at anytime when they discover my whereabouts specially I went to NBI? Does this mean I'm already convicted?
3. Why it was a year after I left the company before they file a case, does it strengthen the case against me?
4. I still have the document from NBI and didn't go to RTC yet, I'm afraid that they'll arrest me instantly when I go there. Could that be possible and what should I do?
5. I've read from the other posts and with my understanding that paying my bail voluntarily is advisable, is that correct? But how much and how long is that bail? I. that temporary so I won't be staying in the jail..I don't really have an idea.
6. What should I do to clear my name and have my case dismissed?
7. As of this time, I don't have cash to pay for an atty but I have one close relative, do you think he could help me?I'm also thinking to approach a PAO lawyer but I'm not sure if it could really help.
I'm really bothered and these questions are staying in my head every day, every time I lay down to sleep, when I'm alone and every time I wake up...My conscience and knowledge that my family is in vain at any moment are really bothering me a lot .What should I do?
I do beg for your lenient help and advice so I can start and free my mind a little at least.