Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

from old company to new company

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 from old company to new company on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am

budz

Arresto Menor

hi atty! i just wanted to ask you about my present employment. My present company give us papers to sign that we are transferring to a new company. Actually its all for documentation. From single prop to corporation and they change tha registered name of our company. Written in the papers is that we will have the same benefits, salary, continous employment etc. Is it ok to sign with this agreement? is it advantageous for us? thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: from old company to new company on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:13 pm

attyLLL

i don't see any problem as long as your seniority is carried over. if you are starting as a new employee then you should be paid separation pay first.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: from old company to new company on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:24 pm

budz

Arresto Menor
Regarding separation pay, i am employed in Company X for 6 years, this company will cease operation this year. and they offer a transfer of employment to a new company (Y). what if i will not accept the offer, will i be entitled to a separation pay?

View user profile

4 Re: from old company to new company on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm

attyLLL

yes, it should be monthly basic salary x 6 years.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum