Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer does not want to pay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Employer does not want to pay on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:33 am


Arresto Menor
my friend has an NLRC case together with other ex-co-workers where NLRC asked the company to pay backpay plus damages.

the company (US company) refuses to pay. what can my friend and his co-workers do?

the US company says that they are planning to file bankruptcy ... in that case, how can my friend and c0-workers get the amount due to them?

... note the owner of the US company has a history of not paying wages plus closing then opening another business. this has been done in the us, india, romania and here.

View user profile

2 Re: Employer does not want to pay on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:45 am


Prision Correccional
^hmmm... question lang: anong nationality ng mayari? corporation ba ito? if so, saan inorganize corporation nya?

View user profile

3 Re: Employer does not want to pay on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm


is this US company properly licensed to conduct business here in the philippines? are there actual officers of the company here? does the company have assets in the philippines?

your friend has already initiated a complaint at nlrc. are they done with filing of position papers? she has to win the case first to be entitled to an award. if they are still in conciliation and the company refuses, then there's nothing she can do.

if they set up a new company here, then you can try to prove that it is the same company and execute against the property of that company.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum