Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

future husband wants to adopt my illegitimate child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I had a daughter out of wedlock. She used her father's surname. we lived-in for 4 years after that we decided na mag abroad ako na kasama ko si baby. Ang plano is susunod sya after  5-6 months but unfortunately 4 months palang kami sa ibang bansa nalaman ko nalang na may binuntis siya and by that time kaya pala hindi na siya nag bibigay suportang pinansyal sa anak namin at hindi na rin sya sumunod sa amin kasi nag sama na sila nong binuntis nya. 5 years passed and I decided to get married at gusto ng mapapangasawa ko na e adopt yung anak ko para maging sa kanya ang apelyido ng bata after naming e-kasal.

Ano ang dapat naming gawin? para ma ilipat sa anak ko ang apelyido ng future husband ko?

View user profile


Arresto Menor

After you get married, both of you may jointly adopt your daughter (1) to raise her status to legitimate from illegitimate; and (2) the husband will have parental authority over the child. However, you will still need the written consent of the biological father (which can pose a problem).

The surname of the child will be changed to that of your new husband after a decree of adoption is entered, and an amended birth certificate shall be issued.

Last edited by wolfwise on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Refinement)

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum