Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inquiry regarding steps to take to change SSS, BIR, Postal ID status from Married to Single

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

Currently, gusto ko sanang mag apply ng passport for my mom. Kaso hindi pwede because I found out wala pala syang record ng marriage certificate/docs sa NSO. Kahit na may SSS, BIR, and Postal IDs sya na stating her married name (using my Dad's surname).  Matagal ng hiwalay ang mom and dad ko at wala ng communication sa Dad ever since.

I talked to her about this and she admitted that there really was no actual wedding. Nakuha nya lang daw ang SSS, BIR and Postal IDs with her married name dahil before daw, sa application kailangan lang check whether married or single. So nung nag apply sya, nag change sya ng status and nag tick off lang ng married status. I also asked if fake ang IDs, ang sabi nya, nabago na daw talaga ang name nya sa SSS, BIR and Postal records. Even sa barangay clearance , married name na gamit nya ever since.

Willing naman sya bumalik sa maiden name para lang maayos na ang application ng passport nya. But I have some questions lang po:

1. Do we still need to secure any legal or notarized document before we can request for a change of status from SSS, BIR and Postal? What are these documents?
2. How long does it normally take to change status from Married to Single?
3. For first time passport application, do we still need to submit any supporting document about her situation or just presenting her NEW IDs (maiden name) will be enough?  As if walang issue about her name before?
4. Since beneficiary namin sya sa mga insurance using her married name, will she have a hard time getting her benefits using her NEW IDs?

Hoping for your clear and immediate feedback. Maraming salamat sa tulong.

View user profile


get a cenomar for her and use that to write to the govt agencies so they can correct their records

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum