Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Signed Undertaking

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Signed Undertaking on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:56 pm


Arresto Menor
hi atty. I have this prpblem at the office. two yeats ago, one of my colleague went missing. upon her awol, the company learned that she embezzle fund thru payroll. my job is ap coordinator. that employee is the one who process the payroll of the drivers weekly. the manager is the one who checks her work. and after checking it will be given to the owner of the co. for his approval. once signed, im the one qho processed the check for reimbursement of the payroll because it is being released thru another bank account of the co. which include petty cash which were processed by my colleague. she issue payroll and vale thru that account. then she went missing and the co. learned that what she put in payroll reimbursement is already padded amount. the co. sue her for qualified theft worth 2m+. the co. decided that we should take part in what happened including the 2 manager & me. what they did is they computed that it will be divided among 4 of us. my boss said that if we did not agree and sign the undertaking we will be included in the case. due to trauma and fear and in order to avoid any hurt and humiliation for my family, I signed the undertaking stating that I will pay my share of 700k+ thru salary deduction for 15yrs. now since oct 2011 I have been deducted 4k in my monthly salary. now I want to resign. can I still have a chance to contest this undertaking that ive signed? what will be the best solution on this? ive already talked to pao. and the atty told me that I can no longer contest it. what to need to do is make an arrangement to co. or let the co. filed a case against me if I dont wanna pay it anymore. hope you could help me on this. I dont have any money to pay for legal fees thats why I agree in signing the undertaking 2 yrs ago. also my boss said that they will give us what they deducted from us if the case already settled but until now nothing happens to the case. please help. thanks so much.

View user profile

2 Re: Signed Undertaking on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:27 pm


to my mind, you can contest it, but you would have to file a case in court.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Signed Undertaking on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:47 pm


Arresto Menor
I dont have any money right now. what will be the guarantee that I can win this case? I know my boss capabilities financially he even paid grease money whenever he has cases to attend to. filing a case may affect my future employment. is this the only option I have right now? thanks for your time.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum