Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth Certificate problem

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Birth Certificate problem on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:42 am


Arresto Menor
Hello, I really need your advice so I'm hoping you would still read my post even though it's really long.

I was hoping I could get advice regarding my dilemma about my birth certificate. I was born in Paranaque, however my mother late registered me in Marikina when I was 17 years old.

Here's the reason why. After I and my mother were discharged, my parents never requested my birth certificate (I don't know why). We stayed in Manila until I was 4 years old then moved to the province. Then before 5th grade we moved back to Manila again. My entire elementary and HS years I was never required for my BC, however it was a requirement for college. So when I was in my 4th year in HS, my mother went to NSO and requested for my BC but it came back as "NO RECORD FOUND", meaning the hospital where I was born never registered me. So my mother went to Paranaque and unfortunately, the hospital was no longer there, the building I think was taken down and there was already a new establishment.

My mother didn't know anyone in Paranaque. And we didn't have enough money, transportation expenses alone going to and fro Paranaque was going to be costly for my parents.

A midwife friend advised her to just file it in Marikina, since filing it in Paranaque was going to be complicated (given the fact the hospital was no longer there) and costly. So my mother then processed the papers in Marikina, the midwife friend signed the paper as the midwife who helped delivered me at home at our current address. So now I have record in NSO and am able to request for BC.

Now, my question is, what is the legal impediment of this? Is this considered as falsification of public document?

This matter has been giving me so much distress. When I enrolled in college, the Birth place that I indicated was Paranaque. Then beginning the 2nd semester, I'd been using Marikina (by this time my late registration was already complete).

My problem is, I need to speak to my university registrar about an issue with my TOR (another story), I'm undegrad and need to pull my papers out so I could transfer to another institution. I am so worried that they would notice the discrepancy in my Birth place, Can I tell them the truth? What if they file a case against me (or my mother?).

Please help me! Thank you

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum