Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Marriage Child Acknowledgement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 No Marriage Child Acknowledgement on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 am


Arresto Menor
my situation right now is that my girlfriend is pregnant and i am under petition to migrate to i cant marry her not until i became a US citizen

my question is can i acknowledge our coming child for our baby to use my surname and be my legitimate child??Question 

or is there a way to process illegitimacy to legitimacy:?: 

View user profile

2 Re: No Marriage Child Acknowledgement on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:46 pm


Arresto Menor
You can acknowledge your coming child either thru public document ( ikaw ang magprocess ng birth certificate registration- they can send the papers to the US if nandun ka na para mapirmahan mo - you can also have it notarized sa consular office ng Phils. - and send it back sa Pilipinas.) or private document -( like  your personal handwritten letter acknowledging the child etc.)

As for the legitimacy - if the only legal impediment for you and your gf to get married is your minority (below 18 yrs. old) at the time of her pregnancy - pwede ang legitimation process - meaning pag nagpakasal kayo magiging legitimate status ng anak nyo -( sa civil registrar lang ginagwa ung process).
Legitimation  is possible if neither of you nor your gf is already married.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum