Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Basketball Court Infront of House & Along The Street

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Dear All,

Our house is situated just near the road and a group of youth posted a basketball ring.


1. The other side of the road is within the jurisdiction of other Brgy(San Juan) and the otherside in which our house is situated is under the jurisdiction of another Brgy. (San Jose).

2. We have petitioned over the last 5 years to remove the said basketball ring becauase:

a.its hazardous both to motorists and pedestrians.
b. they create unneccessary noise may it be day or night.
c. some games are not for fun, they gamble.
d.they left trash in front of our house.

3.The petion was granted with both agreeing Brgy Captains of San Jose and San Juan therefore removing the basketball ring last July 2012.

4. After the removal, some group of youth trashed our house, they broke the plants boxes and threw trash inside our porch.

5. We reported to the police, no investigation and no arrests was done. We have no updates until now.

6. May 2013, the youth appealed that we allow them to put up again the basketball ring given that there will be a 4-6pm playing schedule. We agreed since we are their neighbors and we respect them. We agreed to within 3 months they can play until they found favorable location to transfer the basketball ring. They did not put up the ring on the said duration until last week October 8, they put up and freely played all day and night.

7. We reported to the Brgy Captain of San Jose, they diverted us to the Mayor.


Is there a law that prohibits setting up illegal basketball courts or other the likes in sidewalks and roads? I now there are some municipal and city ordinance in some towns and cities but in general, is there a law that applies to it?

We feel that our Mayor will favor the youth since "malakas daw sila kay Mayor", what legal actions could we do if that happens?


View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum