Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unmarried And Child Custody

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unmarried And Child Custody on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Arresto Menor
As you all know (based on my few posts), I am not from Philippines. To Philippines I am a foreigner. I have a child who is Filipina and our child was born there .. under my last name..

If I were to think on the path of child custody.... what are my chances? I know this is vague as question but I'm starting from here anyway...

I am the father and normally, custody is given to the mother..

View user profile

2 Re: Unmarried And Child Custody on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:49 pm

ed shuck

Arresto Menor
yes i too have this question,
what rights do i have if the mother has abandon or not longer in contact .
can i file a custody case seeking "full parental" rights if she is not here?

View user profile

3 Re: Unmarried And Child Custody on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 am

ed, who has the child? if you signed the birth certificate or can prove that you are the father with dna testing, then i would argue you have better right to custody than anyone else who isn't the mother.

jmcpro, unmarried father vs mother of illegitimate child, unless you can prove the mother puts her child in danger by being a drug addict or exposes him to immoral acts, very unlikely that you will win. you'd have a better chance of being in you child's life by having visitation rights.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum