Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Support on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:17 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day. I am a father of 4 children who is working abroad. In 2005 I was separated from my wife because she wanted out of the relationship. I initially protested and wanted to win her back. But because of her lack of interest and unsupportive ways to work on the marriage, I gave in and asked her to move out of the house. A few months passed and I learned that she was pregnant with another man.

When there was an opportunity to work abroad, I accepted it. At that time it was the right decision for me because I was having financial difficulty raising my 4 kids who were all enrolled in a private school.

Currently my kids are staying with my mother who is very supportive in helping me raise them. For the past 5 years I have been providing for my kids alone. I have not been able to save as much as I want because almost all of my earnings are going to their expenses. While she is able to continue her ways and visit the kids anytime and sometimes ask them to sleep over their house.

Now I want to know how I can file for child support? I cannot afford the annulment, and I know cannot file for child custody since I am abroad. I desperately need your advice.

View user profile

2 Re: Child Support on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 pm


child support meaning you want your wife to participate in the expenses for the education and upbringing of the children?

what i would immediately recommend would be to negotiate with your wife directly. you can escalate by sending a demand letter, or filing a complaint at the barangay. as a last resort, a petition for support can be filed.

note that support depends on the ability of the person asked for support and the needs of the persons to be supported.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum