Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long will it take for the bigamy case to finish trial?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Human

Arresto Menor
Dear Atty,

I have a pending bigamy case in the phil.

They have not acquired my jurisdiction.

I am going back after I finish my contract which is 3 years.

How long will it take for my case to be finished from start of hearing until decision? because i know i'm innocent and willing to fight.

i just need money thats why i worked abroad to support my financial and legal issues.

Any estimated time frame?

Thank you in advance

View user profile

attyLLL

under the rules, it is supposed to take only 6 months, but a case resolved within a year is considered fast.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Human

Arresto Menor
Thank you Atty for your reply.

Follow up question I am a registered engineer in the Phil. Can she revoke my license even the case is not yet moving? because she said that she will go to PRC and file a complaint and eventually to revoke my license.

How will i know if my license was removed? Will i receive a letter or summons from PRC?

View user profile

attyLLL

i am afraid i'm not familiar what are the bases for engineers' license to be canceled. you will have to check with your code of ethics whether something like bigamy is a ground. it certainly is for lawyers to be disbarred.

if she has a decent enough lawyer or she knows how, then yes, she can certainly initiate a complaint against you at the PRC.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum