Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ESTAFA CASE on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:53 pm


Arresto Menor
I want to ask. I received a subpoena of estafa case it has two dates but I wasn't able to attend both because I'm out of the country? would that be considered as arraigned and if the fiscals issue a warrant would that mean that the prescription of estafa would be seized???

View user profile

2 Re: ESTAFA CASE on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:24 pm


your absence in the philippines is not a relevant issue, the case can be resolved even without your absence.

i recommend you issue a counter affidavit and have it notarized at the ph embassy then have that submitted to the prosecutor

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: ESTAFA CASE on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:42 pm


Arresto Menor
Greetings! I want to seek advice regarding my case. My ex-boyfriend owes me money amounting to more than 300,000 php. The thing is, at the early stage of our long distance relationship last Sept. 2012 he convinced me to invest in stock market, in which I immediately agreed without having second thoughts or whatever because I trusted him. I sent the money initially through his younger brother's bank account with total amount of more than 150,000 php and I just handed him the rest of the money (in dollars) when I came home to the Philippines last October 2012 and last March 2013. The only proof I have now with me is the receipt of bank transfer I sent to his brother's account. Last August 2013, we broke up for the reason that I discovered he was living with other girls in his house somewhere in QC and I often see photos of them out of town. I asked him to return the money, he said that he will return it and accused me of being "mukhang pera" after everything. He never returned the money even a single cent however, he issued a check last September whom his mom has personally deposited to my mom's account because I have closed all my bank account in the Philippines since I'm not staying there anymore and it turned out that the check has insufficient fund so the manager of the bank has cancelled it. The only communication I have now with him is through his mom. They were reassuring me that he will return the money but 3 months have passed and I haven't received any single amount. The guy has promised many times and has even given exact dates when to pay and has even sent messages that he has paid already but when we checked the bank he has not deposited the money. Can I file a complaint or case against this person? I am outside the country and working overseas. Please advise me on what's the legal and proper step to do. Thank you.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum