Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer of property Title to only child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Transfer of property Title to only child on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:18 pm

artemis kierulf

Arresto Menor

My mother died a little over a month ago. She bought a condominium unit which had already been transferred to her name (with title already). My father died almost a month before her (but they had been separated for a long time).

I am the only child. I wish to process title transfer to my name soon to avoid penalties with the BIR. How do I go about this? Do I still need a lawyer and an "extra-judicial" for this?

View user profile

2 Re: Transfer of property Title to only child on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 pm


your first step is to inform the bir of her death by filing a notice of death, then to process an extra-judicial settlement of her estate. it is best to consult a lawyer for the process and documents. note that there may be taxes to be paid so that the property will be transferred to you, and this should be done within 6 months from her death to avoid penalties.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum