Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment, Son's inheritance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment, Son's inheritance on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:40 am

mae_young

Arresto Menor
My husband and I separated more than a year ago and I am currently going through the annulment process. I have some money saved up and some checks n assets I received from my father's will that I have set aside for my son. My ex-husband, keeps calling me and pressurizing me to cash the checks and other assets so that he can borrow money from it- which I do NOT want since he has already lost all he owned in gambling.

I do not want him to gamble away our son's future. What can I do? How can I make the funds inaccessible to him by all means? TRUST fund under my son's name? any other options under Philippines Law to keep him away from getting his hands on the money because he is also known to have forged my signature in the past. Please help, thankyou!

View user profile

2 Re: Annulment, Son's inheritance on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:42 pm

arkie

Arresto Menor
The assets that you mentioned that you received from your father are solely yours. Generally,anything you received by way of gratuitous title does not form part of the absolute community of property and are likewise not considered conjugal. Therefore,you can dispose of those properties in any way you want.

View user profile

3 Re: Annulment, Son's inheritance on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 pm

attyLLL

but if it came from a will, then it should have been probated in court first.

as for checks, they should be encashed before they become stale. it's not really a crime to hide assets from a spouse, but it is one to lie in court when asked about the extent of your assets

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum