Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sexual abuse when a kid

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sexual abuse when a kid on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 am

Lostchildhood

Arresto Menor
Hi I am now 33 years old and it took me a long while to speak about what my uncle did to me. He took my childhood. He played with my genitals when I was a kid. At the time I did not know what molestation meant, I mentioned to my mum what happened to me but she did not give it her undivided attention. I found it easier to be away from my family. I disconnected myself from everyone, I was emotionally tormented until I gave myself the chance to speak to sexual-abuse counsellors. The first thing they told me that if my case was in their jurisdiction now, they would report my uncle to the police so that he could stop. It might not just be me he had victimised. That scared the hell out of me. So I went home and spoke to my mum and my sister in law and my brothers about what happened. My mum however did not want to include my dad in the uncovered secret. Sabi nya, my dad will not take it - as he's got hypertension and many times had a stroke; she cannot and will not be able to accept what'll happen to my dad. I understood my mum and did not chase the case for more than a year. By then I was able to tell my aunt And my cousin what happened. However, my auntie, uncle's sister by blood, keeps mentioning him and his family to me. I didn't think they took my pains so seriously. I'm fed up being silent 25 years! I'm the victim here! I now came to your website to find out if I could do something about what happened to my lost childhood? Will I get justice for it? What chance have I got? I want him to go to jail, and if he had other victims (i don't know!) they might speak. I don't want another innocent life being stolen because of a disgusting pig like him.. Looking forward to your response.

View user profile

2 Re: Sexual abuse when a kid on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Well! Its kind of difficult situation, this had happened 25 years ago when you were 8 years old. If you are to file a case this should have been done soon enough after the incident not after 25 years. How would they find out the truth if you have no evidence and witness? They need to examine you for you to be able to charge him. But because this had happened long time ago, it make it impossible to prove now! I'm afraid this will not prosper. What you could do is to continue seeing your counsellor to help you overcome this past.

View user profile

3 Re: Sexual abuse when a kid on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Lostchildhood

Arresto Menor
That's it? I suffered long enough and now that I am well enough to come out to the open about what happened to me, there is no law whatsoever that protects people like me in the Philippines? Because it could not be proven? So I should put myself in the same situation to get evidence and sue him? I was a kid, not knowing what was right or wrong. My childhood was taken from me and someone does not realise that until you're old enough to understand you are wronged and mature enough to open your privacy to others. In my generation, when you're told to keep your silence, you obey. It's very very sad that victims like me had no chance of seeing justice in my own country. People like my uncle would still be out there in the open public thinking he got away with it! In the UK, they are progressing cases even if it happened a long time ago to people like me, because when you're a kid, you can't articulate what happened to you. In a culture like the PH who respects their old people enough, just as you said, it will not prosper. What a sad reality. One can never understand the gravity of emotional turmoil a victim like me had gone through. Do you know any support groups I could attend?

View user profile

4 Re: Sexual abuse when a kid on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:48 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
I know what you mean. But the law in the Philippines is a lot different than the law in the UK.
My wife used to worked with Victim Support! You can seek help from them for free. http://www.victimsupport.org.uk. I hope you can overcome this very disturbing past! Sad Sad Sad 

View user profile

5 Re: Sexual abuse when a kid Today at 4:42 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum