Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice for my girlfriend

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Advice for my girlfriend on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:45 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello, my girlfriend is a filipino lady who i met on the internet. She has been separated from her husband for 3 years now after walking in on him having sex with another woman. She left taking her 6 month old baby while he kept their 2 boys. He continued to live with this new woman before going to work overseas for 2 years. Since returning to the Philippines he has been after her to go back to him, which she has flatly refused(she was also hit on several occasions). We are wanting to try to get an anullment so we can be together.
Now since he has found that she has been talking to someone else he somehow managed to steal the sim card out of her phone(through their son)and has been harassing the contacts on that sim including myself via text and calls threatening to have her arrested.
Her separation has not been done through the courts as she had no money or anything to do so. She is beside herself as she does not want to go back to him to return to the horrid life she had. She would like to visit me in my country but I am worried she may be arrested upon return to the Philippines.
I don't know if it makes any difference but i have kept pictures of the offending texts sent to me and others and I also have photos less than a week old of the bruises he left on her when he turned up and took their now 3 year old daughter the other day.
I know I am a foreigner and I am trying to understand the laws there but any advise that she can get would be most appreciated.
She does not want to go back to him but I want to be sure she will not get into any trouble either.
Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Advice for my girlfriend on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am


it is not a crime for a married woman to have a non-physical relationship with another man. the only crime is if she has sexual intercourse with a man who is not her husband.

if she visits you outside the ph, and you have sexual intercourse, she cannot be charged with adultery here because the act was committed outside ph territory. sorry, this is very unromantic, but that's what it is from the legal side.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum