Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deed of donation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Deed of donation on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:28 pm

mujigae

Arresto Menor
Good morning po, I need some opinions. Here's the issue: Our local government want to have a small portion of our land for building a police station. Our mayor said we need not to make a deed of donation since the said station is temporary that it might just last for few years (not estimated), and the land will remain ours. He said they'll pay us Php40,000.00 to be exact, and if the station will be transferred to another place, we can own the building (police station).
My question is, is 40,000 suitable? and will this not cause problems in the future especially on our side?
I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Deed of donation on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 pm

BestnPinoy

Arresto Menor
Mujigae,

Police station in your land? Well, the PRESENT Mayor may have good intentions but Police stations in your property and will appeal to your kind heart. However, beware of dealing with your local governement... you know how they can be... I don't trust them w/ their word... money talks to most of them...
I suggest you enter into a lease agreement w/ your town/city to be on the safe side... collecting rent is again doubtful w/ city government... they even have a bad rep in paying their electricity bill... so be careful...
The issue of them giving you their building? Have you seen plans on it? They are usually "crap" buildings and they don't know how to maintain them... the city just want to build because to them Capital Expenditures yan and they can make money money.... after that... maintenance is zero to the building...40k as payment?... think hard if this is just a ONE TIME payment/gratuity... then they want DEED OF DONATION? Good luck... just sell to city outright!!
A have a relative in our town who regretted very much because when he wanted them to leave because he wants to sell his property, guess who was blocking the process unless you have money??
So for your peace of mind, refer them to your bad neighbor... stay away...

Just my 2 centavos for your consumption...

View user profile

3 Re: Deed of donation on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:44 pm

attyLLL

if you will agree, that should be a lease, not a donation, because you are being paid.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: Deed of donation Today at 2:21 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum