Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

If an illegitimate child's father dies, can she use her mother's surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

I'd like to know if it's possible for my 7-month old daughter to immediately use my surname as her father just died.

My daughter was born out-of-wedlock. During the time I was recuperating from CS delivery her father (with connivance of his family) processed the birth certificate and all without my knowledge. This discovery happened when I tried to process the late registration of birth certificate in NSO.

Her father died October of this year. Now, acting as a sole guardian I'm very inclined to change her surname for the ff. reasons:
1. To avoid confusion of the difference of surnames between her and I
2. Plans moving abroad
3. Personal reason which is against his family

Kindly advise.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum