Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help! Atty advising us to simulate birth

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help! Atty advising us to simulate birth on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:56 pm

kayzel

Arresto Menor
Dear Atty,

We have adopted a child and my mom and step dad (not married) named the child after them. After 2 years they broke up and my mom wanted to change the surnmae of the child to the surname of my dad (he died last feb 2013). We seek advise from a lawyer so we can make things right this time but surprisingly he advised us to have a late registration and change the name of the child and the bday as well. Which is actually another form of birth simulation and falsification of docs. What should we do we really want to change the surname of the child to our (my dad's) surname and legalize his adoption.

View user profile

2 Re: Help! Atty advising us to simulate birth on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 am

attyLLL

if the father already died, then there is no clear legal remedy. you can try a petition for change of name but the court might not approve it.

the advice given to you can work, but it is illegal.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Help! Atty advising us to simulate birth on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 pm

kayzel

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the prompt response atty. I have a hypothetical question, if we push through with the late registration, we will be changing the name of the child but we would like to retain his real bday. Also, my mom is already 54 when we adopted the child. They changed the bday of my mom to make it appear that the child was born on her mid forties. If we retain the bday of the child and requested for nso, can they (nso) see the old record of birth cert of the child?

View user profile

4 Re: Help! Atty advising us to simulate birth on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 pm

attyLLL

imo, yes.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum