Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TPO AND PPO

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 TPO AND PPO on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:43 am

vash2010

Arresto Menor
Good day Atty. L,

Ang concern ko po ay regarding sa Temporary and Permanent Protection Order under RA 9262.

- Nagfile po ang mother namin ng RA 9262 case against our father noong 2011.
- Nagkaroon na po ng Preliminary Investigation.
- Namatay po ang mother namin (complainant) June 16, 2012.
- Nakatanggap po kami ng resolution on March 7, 2013.
- Nagkaroon po ng arraignment on May 2, 2013.
- Pumayag po ang Judge na kami ng kapatid ko ang magrepresent sa mother namin para ituloy po ang kaso.
- From the time na namatay ang mother namin, tuloy tuloy po ang ginawang pag abuso sa amin ng father namin - physical, psychological, economic and verbal abuses.
- Dahil on trial naman po yung kaso na RA 9262, naisipan po namin ng bunso kong kapatid na babae na 27 yrs old at ako naman po ay 31 years old, na mag Motion for issuance of PPO with TPO.
- Nagrant po iyong TPO.
- Nag motion to quash PPO and cancellation of TPO po iyong father namin on the grounds na:

1.) Complainant is already dead. There is already an impossibility of inflicting further acts upon the person of the deceased by the accused.

2.) Movants Florizza (27 yrs of age) and Franklin Jr. (31 yrs of age) are not within the context of "children" as provided by R.A. 9262, hence has no personality whatsoever nor any right to file the motion for protection order.

Gusto ko po sana malaman kung wala po ba talaga kaming karapatan sa pag file ng TPO and PPO under 9262?

Kasi po under po doon sa nabasa ko sa A.M. No. 04-10-11-SC "Supreme Court's Rule on Violence Against Women and Their Children", eh nakadefine po under Section 4 (o) "Protection Order" is an order issued by the court to prevent further acts of violence against women and their children, their family or household members, and to grant other necessary relief. Its purpose is to safeguard the offended parties from further harm, minimize any disruption in their daily life and facilitate the opportunity and ability to regain control of their life"

Sa pagkakaintindi po kasi namin sa definition na iyan eh may legal right and personality kami para magfile ng TPO and PPO dahil offended parties po kami ng kapatid ko not as the deceased complainant neither as children as defined under RA 9262 na below 18 yrs of age, but in the concept of being an offended parties being a family member to be protected from abuse (ascendant and descendant).

May point po ba kami Atty. L?

Thank you so much.

View user profile

2 Re: TPO AND PPO on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

attyLLL

imo, you are correct. the law says 'children' and that does not exclude a non-minor.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum