Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stoppayment on check knowingly

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stoppayment on check knowingly on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 pm


Arresto Menor

I'm a landlord who had a contract with tenant. The contract has the tenant name on it, but the post dated checks for rent were given to me from a company that the tenant claimed he is employed at.

He pre-terminated the contract without prior notice and now the company is stopping the checks. The tenant has gone to Singapore to work there. Upon contacting the company, they say that the company and tenant had a consulting contract which has ended so they are no longer supposed to pay the check.

They have also shown me that the tenant was officially not connected to the company starting 1 July by way of official documentation. Also my tenant (their consultant) was never on company payroll. They paid him from their Singapore company to his Singapore company. My check bounced starting September 1.

Is there anything I can do? I can let it go and look for another tenant but I don't want to.
Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Stoppayment on check knowingly on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:15 pm


Arresto Menor
So basically, before he left, his contract terminated - he gave a waiver to the company that it is not liable for anything on his behalf anymore and he left the country. The worst thing is the check signined by the issuer is not in the country either apparently!

View user profile

3 Re: Stoppayment on check knowingly on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm


Arresto Menor

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum