Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi, i'm new here, and have a question abt child support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
my name is mel. i recently gave birth. i am not married, and my ex partner was not married as well (i dont know if he got married now with another partner)..however, i was just thinking if it was okay that i  registered my child NOT using her father's surname ? is there any advantage/disadvantage?
when i gave birth, the father of my child was not present, so i was hesitant at writing his name on the paper as the father. my mom already sent the paper to the city hall. if i change my mind, can i pull it back? any input would be much appreciated. Smile

View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
Advantages in indicating the name of the father, likewise, placing the fathers signature therein:

1. The child can use the father's surname
2. the child is entitled for support from the father
3. The child has successional rights from the father as well as from the mother.

However, some mothers treat the following as disadvantages considering their sour relationship with the father:

1. The father can exercise parental authority to the child.
2. The father has visitorial rights

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum