Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deed of donation: must it be notarized immediately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

meiji15

Arresto Menor
My uncle donated a property to his sister. The latter, as of the moment, doesn't want that the title to the prop be in her name.

Is it okay for the deed of donation not be notarized immediately after execution? Will there be any penalty or fine that'd imposed for not notarizing the doc immediately like fine to be imposed by the BIR re:donor's tax?

View user profile

taxconsultantdavao

Reclusion Perpetua
as of the meantime, that unnotarized deed of donation is without legal effect yet. under the civil code, the donation by the donor and the acceptance by the donee of the said donation must be embodied in a public document for the donation to be valid. otherwise, it is just a mere scrap of paper.

View user profile

karl704

Prision Mayor
i dont think there is a fine for not notarizing the deed.on the other hand, if you have it notarized now, the period to pay donor's tax starts.period within which to pay donors tax starts from notarization, like in deeds of sale.so better not to notarize the doc yet.

View user profile

Ladie

Prision Mayor
I agree with "taxconsultantdavao". My sister donated a piece of land to her granddaughter and had the deed of donation all signed and notarized; however, the donor's tax was not paid immediately and the BIR added some sort of surcharges/penalties for not paying the donor's tax with a certain period of time (I think this is provided in BIR rules and regulations). So, because of the penalties, my sister had the deed of donation cancelled and had another deed of donation, so wala ng penalty but the corresponding donor's tax is the same.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum