Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st Marriage/2nd Marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 1st Marriage/2nd Marriage on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Pleasantly Confused

Arresto Menor
Greetings!  I want to state my case.  1st marriage occured in 1972.  His uncles were there to witness it.  It was held in a municipal court.  My side of the family had no knowledge about it.  We planned to reveal it after we finish college.  Marriage lasted only for 1 year.  We did not live together in one roof.  In 1975, I heard from friends that he got married in church.  I presumed that he took care of our marriage in 1972.  I planned to get married in 1976 but I met up with first husband to make sure everything is going to be legal.  He said everything is ok and that he got married but his marriage lasted for a year and he was filing for annulment.  1st husband died in 2013.  His niece filed for CENOMAR and found out he was married twice, first to me in 1972 and then got married again in 1975.   I understand that the second marriages are null and void.  The second husband has a mistress since 1995 and had a son with her.  They live together now.  My questions are:
1.  Can I use the last name of my 1st husband or just return to
    maiden name since I am widow now.
2.  Either way, will I have difficulties changing my PRC/Postal/
    Passport documents?.
3.  Does all these entail court proceedings or can be amicably
4.  Will my 4 children with the 2nd marriage still be legitimate since
    his name and signature were on their birth certificates..or are
    they illegitimate now.

Deeply appreciate your wisdom on this....thank You.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum