Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prescription for Bigamy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Prescription for Bigamy on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:14 am


Arresto Menor
I have already filed 1 civil case (petition for legal separation) and 1 criminal case (RA 9262 for verbal, psychological,economic abuse) agst. my husband.

I have not yet filed Bigamy case agst him because we are all in Luzon while the marriage happened in a far place  near Mindanao. He converted to Islam  and married the Muslim girl. We were married under the Roman Catholic Rites and we were both Catholic.  The girl he married was just 1 yr older than our eldest .  May - December affair un. I  know it was just an Islam conversion  for convenience. Kumakain din siya ng baboy.

My question is this, may prescription ba ang pag pa file ng bigamy case against a philandering husband? Ako lang ba ang pwedeng magfile ng bigamy case sa kanila?

View user profile

2 Re: Prescription for Bigamy on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:20 pm


15 years. anyone can file it. but you really should be discussing this with your lawyer.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum