Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father of 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Father of 2 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Mike Mandaragat

Arresto Menor
Dear Ma'am/Sir;

I am a 27 yr old father of 2 children with different mothers (not minors) (I'm not proud of it) and not married to any of them. When I finally decided to marry one, the other demanded me to pay Php 170,000 in cash + 2 hectare of farm land (to be registered on the mother's name) + Php 2,000 monthly until the child is 18 yrs old. I am unemployed and certainly cannot provide these demands. The mother then threatened to sue me if I cannot pay these demands. I am willing to support the child but her demands are just too high.

What violations against the Philippine Law might I have committed that deserves a criminal prosecution? Or what are the possible cases that the mother can file against me in court?

Are her demands even legal?

Desperately needing help. Thank you very much.

View user profile

2 Re: Father of 2 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 am

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
No its not leagal! But you are obligue to give maintenance for your child depends on your income, but of course you haven't got a job so how can she demand? I'm afraid you encountered a gold digger woman! Tell her off at once! Even if she take you to court if you haven't got a job, you cannot give maintenance! End the story! She is just trying to scare you so you don't marry her rival, so she and the other woman ended up both not married. †Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

3 Re: Father of 2 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:34 am

Mike Mandaragat

Arresto Menor
She is threatening to sue me of "Abuse against women and children". All I know is I did something which I know is wrong but I am willing to support the child cause he is my child after all. We are trying to settle it peacefully but her demands are just impossible.

I believe I am a law-abiding citizen but do you think I committed any crime because of this?

So who will determine how much I am required to give monthly? and is it necessary to be written in papers with my signature?

Thank you very much ma'am/sir for the very quick reply. I don't know how to repay your kindness cause I ain't got no money. All I can do is like you on facebook and share it with my friends. More power and more success to you this 2014!

View user profile

4 Re: Father of 2 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 am

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
You made mistakes to fall in love and have kids to different women but that is not against the law if you are not married! If you are married then had an affair then you committed a civil crime! But you are still considered single! In order for her to demand maintenance, she has to file a case and claim maintenance then the judge will decide how much she can demand from you! But as you said you are jobless and you haven't got any source of income, how can she demand? she can demand as much as she likes, but if you haven't got any income how is it possible? †Rolling Eyes

View user profile

5 Re: Father of 2 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:13 am

Mike Mandaragat

Arresto Menor
Thank you very much sir. All the best...

View user profile

6 Re: Father of 2 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm

attyLLL

willingness may not be enough. if she does file a case against you and your defense is lack of employment, the prosecutors will usually allow it to go to trial.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

7 Re: Father of 2 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Mike Mandaragat

Arresto Menor
Thank you attyLLL for the post. What I mean with "willingness" is I am willing to continue supporting my child with her. I have been helping her by giving some money but its not consistent because I can only give something if I happened to earn something.

In case I fail to peacefully settle with her through an agreement, what are the possible cases she may file against me aside from Economic Abuse? And if she does sue me in court, is a lawyer required for my defense?

View user profile

8 Re: Father of 2 Today at 3:57 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum