Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things to do before filing an Annulment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Things to do before filing an Annulment on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:55 pm

shadir41

Arresto Menor
Hi guys,

I wanted to inquire a few things for a friend (woman) who wanted to file an annulment to his abusive husband.

Her story is, married for 18 yrs, 5 kids. She was abused physically, verbally and emotionally (from the entire marriage to date), even her friends experienced the verbally abuse part. Now, she wanted to file for annulment but they still live in the same house, separated rooms.

What will be the right thing to do to ensure her safety and before she can file for annulment? And what do you think she can have as grounds to her husband?

Btw, the place of marriage is in bicol. Will that make a difference if she ask for a laywer in Manila?

Basically we wanted to know the following:
1. How much will it cost?
2. Host long it will take?
3. Any way to make it less painful to my friend (woman)?
4. What are the process to take?
5. They have kids, but she didn't want the custody because they are used to wealthy lifestyle (husband is rich)
6. She didn't want any interactions with the husband during and after the annulment, can this be possible?

if you know any laywer that can help us, please share their contacts and thank you for all the help in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: Things to do before filing an Annulment on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:10 pm

attyLLL

the most important thing in annulment is that there is a ground that can be proven. look up grounds for annulment.

if she is in physical danger, she can leave anytime.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum