Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Error in marriage certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Error in marriage certificate on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:14 pm


Arresto Menor
On my parents' marriage certificate, it was indicated that my father was 21 yrs 11 mos old on the time of their marriage in 1988, meaning he was born on 1966 and his birthplace was Taal, Batangas. Those information were according to his father, so those info were the ones he used when he was baptized, confirmed and married. Years later, he found out (from the office of the local civil registrar of Lobo, Batangas, his residence before my parents got married) that he was born 1968, according to his cert. of live birth, which means that he was only 19 yrs 11 mos on the time of their marriage. What action should my parents do to correct such error?

View user profile

2 Re: Error in marriage certificate on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:00 pm


if it's really important, the remedy is to file a petition in court to have it corrected.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum