Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to change my daughter's surname to mine.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty. Im a teenage mom. My daughter is now 1 year old. and since then the father of my child, didn't give any support (financially/responsibility as the father -like helping me taking care of our daughter, or even just to bond, but we still see each other and is welcome to our home). well, me and my family understand that he still cannot provide financially for the child that's why he is still welcome to come to our house and see her but the responsibility is a must for me. Im the primary caregiver of my daughter since she was born and til now, that's why i still can't apply for a job and my parents are there to support me and my daughter;s needs. My parents paid for everything, from prenatal check ups to hospital bills, to baptism and my daughter's 1st birthday, and also for the maintenance of my daughter like diaper, water, and milk, pedia check ups everytime she is sick and all in all. As to the father of my child, he somewhat abused the goodness of my family. We gave him visiting rights (even though we didn't received any financial support from him) but he only visits whether he wants to and when he visits, he doesn't do anything, like helping me taking care of our daughter. Now, me and my family has decided to change my daughter's surname to ours. Cause we feel that his surname to my child is an embarrassment and useless and by the way, he forced me to put his surname on my daughter's birth certificate cause he promised me and my family that he would help us financially! I've seen no effort from him. and we've heard news that he plays mahjong rather than visiting his daughter and helping me with her. now my question is, How can I start this process of changing my daughter's surname? Do I have a big chance in changing it?? how much would it cost?? does it really need to have the father's consent?? Does he have the right to fight for his rights?? by the way, the last we see each other was last november and i never heard from him since! we haven't been communicating anymore and he's not visiting his daughter anymore. Thanks! your advice would be a big help. Godbless

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum