Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need legal help. An agent from Diamond Motors scammed us

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jiiimperial

Arresto Menor
Hi,

We need legal help which concerns Diamond Motors (Mitsubishi Dealer). We went to their office last December 23, met an agent there, and paid her initial downpayment for a car loan. She did not issue an OR (she reasoned that the place was under renovation and that the receipt will be issued upon release of car), instead she wrote an acknowlegment letter stating that she received the money. After weeks of telling us excuses, we finally talked to the General Sales Manager of Diamond motors in front of the agent and an HR representative. The agent admitted to have spent our money. The manager vouched for her and promised us that the issue will be solved but indicated that the company will not pay for the lost money. He insisted on getting the money from the agent (I doubt she could produce that money since she will be fired) We also escalated the issue to Mitsubishi Philippines and until now issue still hasn't been rectified.

Any advice on what we could do legally? We don't have much to spend on legal fees and such.

Thank you in advance!

View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
jiiimperial wrote:Hi,

We need legal help which concerns Diamond Motors (Mitsubishi Dealer). We went to their office last December 23, met an agent there, and paid her initial downpayment for a car loan. She did not issue an OR (she reasoned that the place was under renovation and that the receipt will be issued upon release of car), instead she wrote an acknowlegment letter stating that she received the money. After weeks of telling us excuses, we finally talked to the General Sales Manager of Diamond motors in front of the agent and an HR representative. The agent admitted to have spent our money. The manager vouched for her and promised us that the issue will be solved but indicated that the company will not pay for the lost money. He insisted on getting the money from the agent (I doubt she could produce that money since she will be fired) We also escalated the issue to Mitsubishi Philippines and until now issue still hasn't been rectified.

Any advice on what we could do legally? We don't have much to spend on legal fees and such.

Thank you in advance!

First and foremost, you need a lawyer to send a demand letter to the diamond motors. Bear in mind that the negligence of an agent binds the principal, provided, that the agent acted within the scope of his authority.

View user profile

attyLLL

if the dp is less than 100k, you can file a small claims case. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph. sue the dealer and the agent.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
attyLLL wrote:if the dp is less than 100k, you can file a small claims case. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph. sue the dealer and the agent.

I agree with this. You can file it personally without need a lawyer.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum