Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monthly Support for an Illegitimate Child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Monthly Support for an Illegitimate Child on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:17 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day attorney.

I am Honeybunch. I need your legal advice with regards to the problem of my brother. He is a seafarer (OFW) and is single, and before cya naka sakay ay may nabuntisan siyang isang girl (student), 20 yrs old and is now bearing the child who is 7 months on her womb. It bothers me as well as my brother, knowing that the girl had her atty and had consulted about her situation. We don't have an attorney yet because we are still waiting for the arrival of my brother. He does not like this girl, but he is willing to give monthly support for the child. I would like to ask a few questions:

1. The girl wants to use my brother's surname, if he allows it to be used and he will sign the birth certificate of the child, would that mean that she has the right to demand allotment for the child? Or demand an exact amount for the monthly support of the child?

*if he will not sign the birth certificate and the mother will use her surname, does the girl could file a case at POEA or OWWA even if my brother is willing to give support for the child? What possible case would be filed against my brother regarding this case?

2. Is there any amount stated in the law regarding monthly support of the child who is illegitimate?

3. My brother is willing to give support, does the mother of the child could demand to my brother to open another bank account (savings) using my brother's name and give it to the child? or is it necessary that the money that my brother will soon be given would be deposited to the mothers own bank account as proof that he really gives money for the child? What is right for this case?

4.Does the girl could file a legal case to my brother to barn him or block his license and lose his job? In what possible case atty.?

I hope that you could help me with this atty. I will be waiting for your positive response.

Thank you for your kind attention. God bless!


View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum