Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there a probable cause for estafa?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is there a probable cause for estafa? on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:13 am

Arresto Menor
Dear Attorney;

Good day! I have a friend trying to establish a restaurant by constructing a building. They rented a lot for two years where they will construct a building. Then they hired someone to construct the building with the amount of 285 thousand including the blue print plans, bldg permits, const. materials & labor without any contracts. They already give almost 80 percent of the amount but the one they hired left the project without there knowledge and has not yet finished the building. And they found out that the one they hired is not a licensed engineer but his not the one signed the plan. But the person they hired, contacted them and presented another person on behalf of him to finish the project, as for my friend they agreed with it. And presented that the construction already reach 95% of the amount stated but willingly to finish the project, what they needed is the fund coming from my friend because they don't release anymore funds. They doubt that the partial construction already reach that amount.  As per investigation of the private entity to verify the amount of structure being constructed it already reach 95%. Can my friend still file a case in the grounds of estafa? or against the person they hired practicing such profession without a license even though he hired someone to signed the plan ?
Thank you so much for your replies...

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum