She decided to leave and return to her family home in Mindanao suddenly and without explanation 1 month before his 1st birthday.
It took her 3 months to contact me (I was chasing myself around as none of her family would help) and she agreed I could see my son in Cagayan de Oro city whenever I wanted IF I supported him.
This was no problem to me at all and as agreed I sent (and still send) funds every month for his needs (and it seems her social networking habits)
I have now visited him (and her) 4 times and plan again a visit for my bithday next month for 1 week.
However, she thinks she can "blackmail" me by telling me I cannot see my son for different reasons :
1. She wakes up in bad mood
2. She doesn't agree with something I say in text
3. If she feels like it
4. Because her mother tells her I am not allowed to see him as I brought shame on the family by getting her pregnant ... I know, it takes 2 (And she admitted to me her plan was to get pregnant by me)
I know the law states a child under 7 years old must stay with the mother ...
I have a couple of questions
1. Can her Mother actually dictate the access I have ?
2. Can my ex gf actually stop me seeing my son ?
3. Without my support she would not be able to look after and care for our son, she has openly admitted that "money is tight" and sometimes her Mother asks for some of my sons support money to buy "daily needs" .. Thank God my ex says no but the Mother is a dictator and will end up fighting/arguing with my ex gf about this. The Mother even asked 2 weeks ago that my ex send some of the money to her other daughter to pay for a "field trip" from Uni. Again my ex refused and the mother and my ex had a stand up shouting match .. Can I do something to protect this money ?
4. As I stated earlier, my ex has an "addiction" to social networking sites/internet. As soon as she gets his support money I see her logging in to various sites to play games/chat. Can I do anything against this ?
5. My ex told me 3 weeks ago that the Lola has actually smacked my son for being "naughty". I now do not have the text (and i know it is not admissable as evidence). Can I have an order placed against her ?
I apologise for the length of this post but am getting stressed to the point of a nervous breakdown as she says to me "I can do as I wish, I am the mother"
Please give any advice that might help
A Very Caring Father