Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What case can I file against my Fil-AM husband?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I'm married to a Filipino who is a naturalized American citizen. After we got married January 2007, he filed my spouse visa petition right away. However, things changed when he went back to the U.S. Phone calls became less and less and he would continuously talked about how difficult life is in the U.S. and how he used up all this savings. He would complained about how different we are and we never see eye to eye. Then I also found out that he never paid for the fees needed for my petition. When I asked him what is happening to our marriage, he couldn't give me a straight answer. To cut a long story short, he stopped communicating with me. I tried to reach out to him and his family but to no avail. Until recently, I found out about his extramarital affairs and even fathered a child. What case can I file against him and the mother of his child? If we are going to file an annulment shouldn't he should all the expenses? I need your expert advice. Many thanks.

Kung magpafile po ba ako ng case R.A 9262 dun fil-am husband ko, magproprogress po ba ang kaso since he is an American citizen or more likely na ma-dismiss dahil wala dito yung respondent? Magkakaroon po ba sya ng record sa immigration na may case against him and mahohold sya if in case umuwi ulet sya ng Pinas para dun sa Mistress at anak nya? Wala po kasing binigay na reasons itong taong ito kung baket bigla na lang syang nagbago, all he was saying was that he needed space and ayaw nya muna akong makasama..which was a torture for me for years, I didn't know what I did wrong, and I even tried to ask him to go to counselling para maayos pero ayaw nya, even his family wouldn't help me.I was never given a closure, when I asked for it. Only to find out na he has been having extramarital affairs even before and during our marriage. And to add insult to injury, he never gave me any financial support during our marriage, even when I asked for it for just 1 month allowance. I tried to move on, pero every time I'm being reminded of my torture marriage because I'm carrying his last name...please, anyone? help me. Nakakalungkot na kababayan mo pa ang gagawa nito sa kapwa Pinoy nya, hindi dahil American citizen na sya ay untouchable na sya ng Philippine law...I hope someone would read this and be able to tell me what to do in the legal aspects....salamat.

Last edited by Neleveller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional questions)

View user profile


Arresto Menor

I am a married woman, and now a year separated from my husband.We have a 5 year old daughter who is with him right now kasi I am working far from home.The reason why I separated from him is becuase I am a battered wife, ever since hindi ako magfile ng complain against him for our daughter's sake. I may say that our marriage can no longer be fix. Although I was working far from my daughter umuuwi pa rin ako during my day off, and sa bahay ako ng husband ko umuuwi kasi he was threatening me na pag hindi ako umuwi sa bahay nila,hindi ko makikita yung anak ko. He is using my daughter para bumalik ako sa kanya, and since I choose my boyfriend over him, hindi nya yun matanggap and last week lng I received a complaint affidavit (Adultery) fron the City prosecutor.

My husband confronted me when he sneak to my other facebook account and found a picture of me and my boyfriend. I admitted to him having a relationship with this guy and choose my boyfriend over him. I am now 5 months pregnant with my boyfriend and he filed an adultery case agaignst me. Mula noong January of this year, isang beses ko lng nakita ang anak ko kasi tinatago nya. Everytime na tatawagan ko cya to ask regarding my daughter, he either make up stories or even cancel my phone calls.
Another thing, my husband has an unlicensed firearm (caliber 38) and he use it para takutin ako, he threatened to kill me and my boyfriend. I dont have any witnesses regarding his maltreatement at yung pag tutok nya nga baril sakin. I only took a photo of the said firearm.

I admit commiting adultery but can I also file a child custody for our daughter? Can I also file the R.A 9262 against him? Or what is the best thing to do regarding this matter.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum