Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

would an imprisoned husband due to concubinage case still would entitle me child/spouse support?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I have a child w/my husband I married 2003 who i suspected of infidelity since our marriage start(i was 6mos preg already when married), i denied him physical intimacy and he then impregnated a woman. To escape scandals,in 2008, we transferred residence to B city while he was left with his parents, to work in their business in the same A city. And now rumored they are living together with his kabit/sons in another address in A city. My husband visits us twice a month in B city and still sends his monthly salary to us for our household expenses. With this financial support set-up,is it ncessary to file leg sep w/ child support claims now? For how long is he obligated to send support?

If I file legal separation w/child-spouse supportclaims and concubinage case against them and will be found guilty and imprisoned (also the kabit) will we still be entitled with child/spouse support?

Would u suggest that i file legal sep with spouse-child support claim first then concubinage later when suff evidence is gathered altho i know their illicit address which is just one of the reqts,not complete yet.

Is it okay to transfer residence/school to another city before any judgement is rendered on the legal sep case? Will our transferring disqualify us for spouse/child support for leaving our conjugal dwelling place and live with my parents in the province? please help am confused.

View user profile


if he's in prison, i'm not sure how he'll still be able to send support. the mistress will also not be imprisoned if convicted; the punishment for her is banishment.

yes, it is fine to transfer residence pending litigation, but you will have to inform the court.

if you simply want more security, you can ask him to execute an agreement on support. there are practical consequences if you file a case against him. you can't expect nothing to change in terms of support.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum