Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

properties refused to return by ex boyfriend

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 properties refused to return by ex boyfriend on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:00 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
me and my ex boyfriend used to live in the same apartment. however, when we broke up, i left my lcd tv, cpu and few clothes in the house and he already transferred to another apartment which i didn't know the place. i asked him for my things and he told me that he destroyed all of it already but i don't believe him. i told him that the tv belongs to my sister so he should replace it. but until now, after 3 mos, he still doesn't replace the tv and did not return my things yet.

what case can i file against him?

View user profile

attyLLL

your first problem is to find out where he is. i'm sure your social network will be able to do it. you can also check with his employer or relatives.

when you know his address, you should first send a letter demanding return of your properties. after which, you can file a case of theft or estafa. good luck.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
what will be the penalty for theft or estafa? thanks.

View user profile

attyLLL

that depends on the value of the properties. you have to file a complaint in the police first, then if nothing happens, file a complaint affidavit at the prosecutor's office. good luck.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
here are the properties:

LCD TV: 16,000
clothes: 3,000
CPU: 1,000

What if i go straight to PAO already?

Thank you very much...

View user profile

attyLLL

6-8 years. you may go to PAO anytime. good luck

View user profile

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
thanks atty.

i already have an affidavit complaint from a lawyer in PAO.

i just have to go to judicial tomorrow to file it...

what will happen next?

View user profile

attyLLL

since you already have a lawyer from PAO, you should direct your questions to your own counsel. good luck.

View user profile

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
hi atty,

my ex bf filed a counter affidavit stating that the case will not prosper since what he did doesnt constitute theft..

what case can i file then against him? thanks.

View user profile

attyLLL

did he return the items? there is no need to file a new case, if the facts alleged constitute some other crime.

View user profile

dream123

Reclusion Temporal
no, he did not returned the items bec he told me that he get rid of them bec of to much anger.

and he do not have money to pay.

what should i do atty?

thanks!

View user profile

rey04

Arresto Mayor
i suggest you should move on and just consider it as a "bangungut". i guess its as simple as lovers quarrel.

next time, find a partner who respects women but take note that men should also be respected. dont be provocative.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum